Monday, December 27, 2010

Calculator does More than Calculate!

Why didn't I know about this? Why was I blissfully unaware that OS X's bundled Calculator app can also handle conversions? I've no idea how this little gem passed me by for so long, but I'm so glad I've found it now.

Calculator can convert areas, currency, energy, length, power, speed and more. For example, if you want to convert 67 mph into kph, feet per second, miles per minute or even knots, you simply open Calculator, enter '67' and select 'Speed' from the 'Convert' menu bar option. You then use the pull-down menus to set what you wish to convert from and to. Comprehensive options are available; you can perform all sorts of conversions with Calculator.

A word of warning, though. There's a problem with the currency convertor, and has been for some time. It seems unable to update with current conversion rates, meaning you get a woefully out of date result. Best stick with www.xe.com for currency, but for everything else, use Calculator.

iphone 4g iphone 5 iphone accessories iphone applications

No comments:

Post a Comment