Thursday, November 18, 2010

4.0.1 jailbreakme.com JB + pwnage 4.1 custom IPSW = big problems!!!

Let me start by stating that I'm not new to iphone jailbreaking & unlocking - I've literally jb/unlocked over 1,000 of them since the original iPhone so I'm fairly well versed in this subject. I've run into a problem of late that has stumped me and am hoping some iPhone guru can help me! Here's the issue:

I have a handful of iPhone 3G, 3GS and 4 that were JB on 4.0.1 using jailbreakme.com then ultrasn0w unlocked. Everything worked exactly as it should. Then pwnagetool was updated to allow for custom 4.1 IPSW files so I cooked some up for each model. After using pwnage to get into pwned DFU mode, I'd do a custom restore up to 4.1 jailbroken and unlock again with ultrasn0w.

Almost every phone I've done this with (possibly ALL of them) immediately had problems with inbound calls, texts and very poor battery life. Incoming calls mostly go directly to VM, texts are badly delayed and battery life (even on a near new iPhone 4) is like 4-5 hours with very little usage. Resetting network settings and turning off Push data doesn't resolve the issue. However, if I turn off cellular data, then the incoming calls and texts work as normal. Also, the phones can do data on WIFI only and receive calls/texts normally. But as soon as cellular data is turned on, problems come back...

iphone 4g iphone 5 iphone accessories iphone applications

No comments:

Post a Comment